Rentals are open to the general public and anyone can come out and rent our equipment. Each renter must follow our rental requirements.
Rentals may be limited on Special Event weekends, please visit our HOURS page for more information.
New for 2019 - Bringing Minors
- One person MUST be 18 years old
- Every person in the group 18 and over MUST have a photo ID. The ID’s are held until the rentals return.
- We require a set of CAR keys for the deposit for each group on a rental contract
- To help facilitate your rental process visit our online registration portal to create an account for your household. Everyone going out on the equipment must have an account or be part of a household.
- Our parking lot is a California State Parking Lot and does require a $10 parking fee. Please pay your fee in cash when you arrive to the brown metal box in the front of the parking lot.
Rules & Guidelines
- Renters must wear a life jacket (life jackets are included in the price of the rental.)Renters under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All renters 18 and over MUST leave a photo ID (this cannot be a photo on a credit card.)
- We require a set of keys for the deposit for each group on a rental contract.
- All renters must be present in the office to receive a wristband. No one will be allowed on the equipment without a wristband.
- Pets are not allowed
- Rentals are issued on a first come, first serve basis.
- Rentals need to be back before the office closes. Renters that come in after posted office hours will be subject to a $20.00 late fee per each quarter hour past the specified return time.
- Individuals are not permitted to use the equipment if under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances.
- Jet skis and water ski boats, or any other power craft are not available for rent.
- We offer 50 cent one time use lockers for personal belongings.
Prices are by the hour and we prorate every 15 minutes. Renters will be given time to get life jackets, paddles and get into their equipment.
|Boat Rental||Qualification for Rental||General Public Price||Affiliate Price*
(Sac State Staff and paid Alumni)
|Current Sac State Students*|
|Single Sit-on-top Kayak||None||$12/hr||$10/hr||$8/hr|
|BIC Stand Up Paddle||None||$15/hr||$12/hr||$10/hr|
|Kayak Seat Back||None||$1 flat rate||$1 flat rate||$1 flat rate|
|Wet Suit||None||$3 flat rate||$3 flat rate||$3 flat rate|
|Kayak Paddle||None||$3 flat rate||$3 flat rate||$3 flat rate|
*To be eligible for discounted rates renters must show either: Sac State OneCard, Staff ID, Alumni Association Membership card, AC Membership card.