This course is designed as an introduction to outrigger canoeing. This course will cover tradition, culture, terminology and equipment. After a brief classroom session, the instruction will continue on the water with instructor in the boat with the class. No experience necessary. Bring clothes that can get wet.
Length: 3 Hours
Minimum Enrollment: 4
Maximum Enrollment: 8
Minimum Age Requirement: 13
Sac State Students: $45
General Public: $55
What to Expect
- A swim test is required.
- You will get wet! Bring a towel.
- You should wear clothes that are comfortable and can get wet.
- Most appropriate shoes are tennis shoes.
- NO FLIP FLOPS!
- The Front Office staff can hold your keys during class.
- Any other personal belongings may be stored in a $0.50 one-time use locker. (Takes 2 quarters)
- Expect to arrive at least 15 minutes early to complete the registration and check-in process.
2020 Intro to Outrigger Canoe Class Schedule
|OUTRIGGER01||Mar 28||Sat||11:30 AM – 2:30 PM|
|OUTRIGGER02||Apr 14||Tu||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|OUTRIGGER03||May 22||Fri||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|OUTRIGGER04||Jun 16||Tu||5:00 PM – 8:00 PM|
|OUTRIGGER05||Jul 10||Fri||5:00 PM – 8:00 PM|
|OUTRIGGER06||Aug 19||Wed||11:30 AM – 2:30 PM|
|OUTRIGGER07||Sep 18||Fri||11:30 AM – 2:30 PM|
|OUTRIGGER08||Oct 7||Wed||11:30 AM – 2:30 PM|