Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic this course is not offered at this time.
This class is for all of those people who have sat in a canoe and paddled around in circles making the sport of canoeing look like a chore. We will teach you to paddle straight and rescue yourself in the event of a capsize. You will be surprised at how much there is to learn.
Length: 3 Hours
Minimum Enrollment: 3
Maximum Enrollment: 16
Minimum Age Requirement: 12
Sac State Students: $50
General Public: $70
What to Expect
- A swim test is required.
- You will get wet! Bring a towel.
- You should wear clothes that are comfortable and can get wet.
- Most appropriate shoes are tennis shoes.
- NO FLIP FLOPS!
- The Front Office staff can hold your keys during class.
- Any other personal belongings may be stored in a $0.50 one-time use locker. (Takes 2 quarters)
- Expect to arrive at least 15 minutes early to complete the registration and check-in process.
2021 Basic Canoeing Class Schedule