This course is designed for the beginning/novice rower to learn in a single rowing shell with two oars. It teaches safety, boat control, proper care of equipment, and correct rowing technique. Students will row in open water type rowing shells designed for a single person. Successful completion of this course and demonstration of basic skills enables students to rent shells for recreational use and/or join one of the competitive rowing programs offered by the Sacramento State Aquatic Center.
Length: 8 Hours
Minimum Enrollment: 3
Maximum Enrollment: 4
Minimum Age Requirement: 18
General Public: $160
CSUS Alumni: $155
Sac State Students: $95
What to Expect
- A swim test is required.
- Must be able to swim 50 meters between our docks
- Must be able to tread water for 10 minutes
- Must be able to put life jacket on
- Must be able to pull self on to dock unassisted
- General level of fitness is required for this course:
- Must be able to lift 35lbs
- Must be able to do a full squat
- You will get wet! Bring a towel.
- You should wear clothes that are comfortable and can get wet. We recommend form fitting work out clothing, nothing loose.
- Most appropriate shoes are tennis shoes.
- NO FLIP FLOPS!
- The Front Office staff can hold your keys during class.
- Any other personal belongings may be stored in a $0.50 one-time use locker. (Takes 2 quarters)
2022 Basic Rowing (Sculling) Class Schedule
|Section||Start Date||End Date||Days||Time|
|BROW03||July 9||July 17||Sat – Sun||8:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|BROW04||July 23||July 31||Sat – Sun||8:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|BROW05||Mon – Th||5:30 PM – 7:30 PM|
|BROW06||Mon – Th||6:00 PM – 8:00 PM|
|BROW07||Mon – Th||5:30 PM – 7:30 PM|
|BROW08||Mon – Th||6:00 PM – 8:00 PM|