Successful completion of a capsize recovery is required for certification.
The book used for this course if the Learn Sailing Right Beginning Sailing book (IBSN: 978-0-979467-2-1). The book is included in the cost of the class. Picking up your book early is recommended but not required.
Length: 14 hours
Minimum Enrollment: 4
Maximum Enrollment: 6
Minimum Age Requirement: 12
Sac State Students: $150
General Public: $205
What to Expect
- You will get wet! Bring a towel
- You should wear clothes that are comfortable and can get wet
- Shoes should either be tennis shoes or sandals with a heel strap
- NO FLIP FLOPS
- The Front Office staff can hold your keys during class.
- Any other personal belongings can be stored in our $0.50 one-time use locker; which takes two quarters.
2022 Basic Sailing Class Schedule
|Section||Start Date||End Date||Days||Time|
|BSAIL01||Apr 2||Apr 10||Sat & Sun||9:00 AM – 12:30 PM|
|BSAIL02||Apr 19||Apr 22||Tu – Fri||4:00 PM – 7:30 PM|
|BSAIL03||May 16||May 19||Mon – Th||4:30 PM – 8:00 PM|
|BSAIL04||May 23||May 26||Mon – Th||4:30 PM – 8:00 PM|
|BSAIL05||June 4||June 12||Sat & Sun||10:00 AM – 1:30 PM|
|BSAIL06||June 6||June 9||Mon – Th||5:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
|BSAIL07||June 18||June 26||Sat & Sun||4:00 PM – 7:30 PM|
|BSAIL08||June 20||June 23||Mon – Th||5:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
More class for 2022 to come…