Our small group SUP courses are designed for all skill and
ability levels and will give advanced paddlers an opportunity to
hone their techniques. Want to try your hand at the hottest new
sport on the water? Sign up for one of our stand up paddleboard
(SUP) classes and see what the excitement is about. Starting out
in Waikiki in the 1930’s for surfers to more quickly paddle into
waves, using a long canoe paddle became popular as an alternative
to hand paddling and quickly standing. The sport largely dropped
off the radar for many years, and was recently re-popularized
when famous big wave surfer Laird Hamilton and some of his
Hawaiian surf buddies started doing it using specialized boards
In addition to its colorful history, it‘s a great way to cruise the water seeing everything around and below you, and is one of the best whole body workouts you will ever do.
Length: 3 hours
Minimum Enrollment: 3
Maximum Enrollment: 6
Minimum Age Requirement: 10
Sac State Students: $40
General Public: $55
What to Expect
- A swim test is required.
- You will get wet! Bring a towel
- You should wear clothes that are comfortable and can get wet
- Shoes should either be tennis shoes or sandals with a heel strap
- NO FLIP FLOPS
- The Front Office staff can hold your keys during class.
- Any other personal belongings can be stored in our $0.50 one-time use locker; which takes two quarters.
COVID Regulations & Safety Plan
- Arrive on time (neither early nor late)
- Parking will be in our outer parking lot. You will be greeted by our safety compliance monitor at the “North” gate and you will give your name, class and time. They will give you a squirt of hand sanitizer and ask if you have your towel, water bottle and are ready for your class.
- Check in at the Front Desk, turn in your participant waiver and COVID waiver. The front office staff will direct you to your class meeting location.
- Face coverings must be worn on the facility at all times. Once on the water please remove your face covering but keep close so that you can put back on when you return to the docks.
- Practice social distancing and maintain a 6 foot distance while on the facility.
- Restrooms will be available to use at your own risk. There is no more than 3 people in the restroom at any time.
- Guests and non-paying family members are not allowed to be at the facility.
- Use of the Aquatic Center is at your own risk.
- Be on a mission to arrive, attend your class, cleanup and depart for your next destination.
- If you are sick, feel sick, or have a fever, you many not enter the facility
- Individuals classified by the CDC as “at risk” should consider not coming to the facility.
2020 COVID Stand Up Paddle Class Schedule
|CSUP1||Oct 16||Fri||12:00 PM – 3:00 PM|
|CSUP2||Oct 21||Wed||12:00 PM – 3:00 PM|
|CSUP3||Oct 23||Fri||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|CSUP4||Oct 24||Sat||9:30 AM – 12:30 PM|