Learn to Outrigger Paddle
Paddlers are introduced to the basics of paddling technique, canoe mechanics, and extending their skills to various seat positions in the canoe. For example, they may be encouraged to try the “stroke” seat that sets the crew’s pace; they may also develop some basic skills as a steers person, learning to navigate the canoes from point to point.
Length: 3 Hours
Minimum Enrollment: 4
General Public: $55
CSUS Alumni: $50
Sac State Students: $25
What to Expect
- You should wear clothes that are comfortable and can get wet.
- Most appropriate shoes are tennis shoes.
- NO FLIP FLOPS!
- The Front Office staff can hold your keys during class.
- Any other personal belongings may be stored in a $0.50 one-time use locker. (Takes 2 quarters)
- Expect to arrive at least 15 minutes early to complete the registration and check-in process.
2023 Learn to Outrigger Canoe Paddle
|OUTRIGGER01||Apr 22||Sat||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
|OUTRIGGER02||May 27||Sat||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
|OUTRIGGER03||June 24||Sat||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
|OUTRIGGER04||July 15||Sat||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
|OUTRIGGER05||Aug 19||Sat||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
|OUTRIGGER06||Sept 23||Sat||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM|