For high school women interested in rowing in college.
We are happy to announce that the Sacramento State Women’s Rowing Team, in partnership with the Sacramento State Aquatic Center will offer a clinic this year for high school students (women only) who want to learn more about intercollegiate rowing. This one-day Clinic will be open to all girls in grades 9-12 and will be tailored to athletes with no previous rowing experience. It will be a great opportunity to find out if this rapidly growing varsity sport is a good fit for you before you head to college. There are over 150 Division I, II, and III teams in the United States, each offering as many as 20 full athletic scholarships, and most, if not all, accept good athletes with little or no experience in the sport.
The clinic will be instructed by the Sacramento State Head Coach, Mike Connors, and his staff, as well as student-athletes from the Sacramento State rowing team. The clinic will be held at the Sac State Aquatic Center at Lake Natoma, one of the finest rowing courses in the U.S. There is a $50 fee for the clinic and it will be limited to the first 16 participants who register.
For more information, please contact George Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule – October 24, 2021
- 10:00 AM Registration
- 10:15 AM Introduction to Rowing Presentation
- 11:00 AM Rowing Technique on the Concept 2 Ergometers (rowing machines)
- 11:45 AM Oar Handling Technique
- 12:00 PM Snack/Light Lunch with Sac State Rowers (provided)
- 12:30 PM On the water training in eight-person rowing boats
- 2:30 PM Wrap Up meeting
- 3:00 PM Optional visit to the Sacramento State Campus (for High School Juniors and Seniors only)
This clinic is open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender).