The Sacramento State Aquatic Center would like to welcome everyone to the WIRA championships. Below is information for teams, parents, guests and boosters. The WIRA championships will be held on Lake Natoma at the Nimbus Flat State Park. We are fortunate to have such an amazing venue and ask that everyone respect and follow state park rules and guidelines.
For more information check out Regatta Central.
Participating Schools in 2019 (updated 4/18/19)
- Arizona State University
- Cal State Long Beach Crew
- California Maritime Academy
- Chapman University
- Chico State Rowing Club
- Gonzaga University Crew
- Humboldt State Crew
- Lewis & Clark College Crew
- Loyola Marymount University Crew
- Menlo College Rowing
- Mills College
- Orange Coast College
- Pacific Lutheran University Rowing Program
- Pacific University
- Portland State Crew
- Sacramento State
- Sacramento State Men’s Rowing
- Saint Mary’s College of California
- San Diego State Men’s
- San Diego State University
- Santa Clara University Rowing
- Seattle Pacific University Crew
- Seattle University Crew Team
- Seattle University Men’s Crew Team
- Sonoma State Rowing Club
- Southern Oregon University
- Stanford University Lightweight Women
- University of California – Davis Crew
- University of California – Irvine
- University of California – San Diego Crew
- University of California – Santa Barbara
- University of California – Berkeley Lightweight Rowing
- University of Central Oklahoma
- University of Oregon Rowing
- University of Portland
- University of Puget Sound
- University of San Diego
- University of Southern California
- Washington State University Men’s Crew
- Western Washington University
Admission is $10 per person, per day. Cash only. General public, parents, boosters, alumni and family must pay admission to be admitted to the park. Athlete wristbands will only be accepted on uniformed athletes. If an athlete wristband is found on someone other than a uniformed athlete the wristband will be cut off and the athlete will not be permitted to get another wristband. This same rule applies for coaches, riggers and trainers.
Event parking is $10.00 per vehicle and is located at the Hartford & Health Net buildings (Gold Point Office Park). Cash only. A free shuttle will pick up at the Hartford & Health Net buildings and will drop off in the State Park at the finish line tent. The shuttle buses will run all day until 30 minutes after the last race. The shuttle does NOT pick up at the fish hatchery. State park passes will be honored at event parking.
Weekend Parking Directions
From Highway 80
Heading West from Auburn or East from Sacramento or San Francisco take the Sierra College Blvd. exit (in the City of Rocklin) and turn South on Sierra College Blvd. In about 6 miles Sierra College Blvd. becomes Hazel Ave., continue South through the town of Orangevale and finally across the American River, turn right onto Tributary Point Drive, follow signs into event parking.
From Highway 50
Heading West from Lake Tahoe or East from Sacramento or San Francisco take the Hazel Ave. (Exit 21). From the west: go straight off the freeway onto Tributary Point Drive, follow signs to event parking. From the east: Turn left onto Hazel, turn left onto Tributary Point Drive and follow signs to event parking
No one will be allowed into the State Park, this includes dropping off athletes or supplies. We do provide the lot outside the State Park (Hazel Cal Trans Park & Ride) for loading and unloading. There will be customer service carts to help transport items and people into the event from this location. Please note that carts are not for athletes, customer service carts are for general public. If dropping supplies for team hospitality, you may unload in the Park & Ride and the carts will help you to your tent. Vehicles may not be left unattended in the Park & Ride. Carts are not permitted to transport guests to the event parking areas.
Team Tents and Private Shade Tents
Teams may rent a tent along the finish line area and paying the fees. There are no private shade tents allowed along the finish line or in the boat storage area.
Sign up here