This camp is designed for the beginning/novice rower. It teaches safety, boat control, proper care of equipment and correct rowing technique. Students will learn to row in single shells and team boats. Campers will be coached in both sculling and sweep rowing. This camp is great for campers with a possible interest in high school rowing.
- Camp Fee: $410.00 per week
- Offered all Weeks
- Ages: 12-17
2023 Session Dates
|Sections||Days||Time||Start Date||End Date|
|Beg Row Camp Week #1||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 5||June 9|
|Beg Row Camp Week #2||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 12||June 16|
|Beg Row Camp Week #3||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 19||June 23|
|Beg Row Camp Week #4||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 26||June 30|
|Beg Row Camp Week #5||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 10||July 14|
|Beg Row Camp Week #6||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 17||July 21|
|Beg Row Camp Week #7||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 24||July 28|
|Beg Row Camp Week #8||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 31||August 4|
|Beg Row Camp Week #9||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||August 7||August 11|
If you are registering for summer camp online, please download and print this . Your camper will need this for Monday morning check-in, and without it your camper will not be eligible to participate in activities. You can either mail the completed packet to the Sac State Aquatic Center, or bring it with you on the first day of camp.
- It is recommended that parents drop off their children at the Aquatic Center at 8:00 AM. (Camp instruction begins at 8:30 AM) Camp instruction ends at 3:30 PM. Advised parent Pick up time is between 3:45 PM and 4:00 PM.
- Pick up is NOT permitted between 3:00 PM & 3:30 PM.
- Please remember a healthy lunch and water bottle as this camp is our most physically demanding.
- Bring Water shoes and a pair of sneakers and extra socks.
- Child must provide their own lunch, water bottle, and sunscreen.
- Children are required to wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at all times! (Provided by the Aquatic Center)
- Campers receive a free T-shirt!
- Parents are invited Family Night on Thursday 3:30pm-5:30pm
- Ask you instructor about our Friday Theme Days!