This camp is designed for the beginning/novice rower. It teaches safety, boat control, proper care of equipment and correct rowing technique. Students will learn to row in single shells. This camp is great for campers with a possible interest in high school rowing.
- Camp Fee: $360 per week
- Offered all Weeks
- Ages: 12-17
2020 Session Dates
|Sections||Days||Time||Start Date||End Date|
|Beg Row Camp Week #1||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 8||June 12|
|Beg Row Camp Week #2||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 15||June 19|
|Beg Row Camp Week #3||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 22||June 26|
|Beg Row Camp Week #4||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 6||July 10|
|Beg Row Camp Week #5||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 13||July 17|
|Beg Row Camp Week #6||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 20||July 24|
|Beg Row Camp Week #7||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 27||July 30|
|Beg Row Camp Week #8||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||August 3||August 7|
|Beg Row Camp Week #9||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||August 10||August 14|
If you are registering for summer camp online, please download and print this . Your camper will need this for Monday morning check-in, and without it your camper will not be eligible to participate in activities. You can either mail the completed packet to the Sac State Aquatic Center, or bring it with you on the first day of camp.
If you are attending weeks 2, 4, 6 or 8 you can join us for the Thursday night camp out! Cost: $60.00. Meals and activities are included in this fee
- It is recommended that parents drop off their children at the Aquatic Center at 8:00 AM. (Camp instruction begins at 8:30 AM) Camp instruction ends at 3:30 PM. Pick up time is between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM.
- Child must provide their own lunch, water bottle, and sunscreen.
- Children are required to wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at all times! (Provided by the Aquatic Center)
- Campers receive a free T-shirt!
- Please join us for Parents Night on the Thursday afternoon the week your camper attends. Rowers will not be rowing on Thursday afternoon, however the coaches will be showing video from this weeks camp. If parent want to see an on the water session please talk to your child’s rowing instructor to schedule time on Friday morning.
- Ask you instructor about our Friday Theme Days!