Prerequisite: 1 week of Basic Camp recommended
Using Lasers, Holders, Hobie Cats, and Keelboats, blast your way through an Advanced Sailing Summer Camp. This program will cover areas in rigging, sail trim, boat handling, and racing. These skills will be archived on the water with a week of sailing drills, games, and races.
At the end of the week, an optional practical and written test will be given to all the students. Those interested who pass the exam will be eligible to rent sailboats from the Aquatic Center (parents must sign a release and are responsible for all equipment rented from the aquatic center).
Windsurfing is an option for students who are interested. A variety of sail sizes are available for all abilities.
Camp Fee: $365 per week.
Offered All 9 Weeks!
2021 Session Dates
|Section||Days||Time||Start Date||End Date|
|Sailing Camp Week #1||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 7||June 11|
|Sailing Camp Week #2||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 14||June 18|
|Sailing Camp Week #3||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 21||June 25|
|Sailing Camp Week #4||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 28||July 2|
|Sailing Camp Week #5||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 12||July 16|
|Sailing Camp Week #6||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 19||July 23|
|Sailing Camp Week #7||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 26||July 30|
|Sailing Camp Week #8||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||August 2||August 6|
|Sailing Camp Week #9||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||August 9||August 13|
If you are registering for summer camp online, please download and print this . Your camper will need this for Monday morning check-in, and without it your camper will not be eligible to participate in activities. You can either mail the completed packet to the Sac State Aquatic Center, or bring it with you on the first day of camp.
- It is recommended that parents drop off their children at the Aquatic Center at 8:00 AM. (Camp instruction begins at 8:30 AM) Camp instruction ends at 3:30 PM. Pick up time is between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM.
- Child must provide their own lunch, water bottle, and sunscreen.
- Children are required to wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at all times! (Provided by the Aquatic Center)
- Campers receive a free T-shirt!
- Ask you instructor about our Friday Theme Days!