Prerequisite: 1 week of Basic Camp recommended
Using Zests, Lasers, and Quests, blast your way through an Sailing Summer Camp. This program will cover areas in rigging, sail trim, boat handling, and racing. These skills will be archived on the water with a week of sailing drills, games, and races.
At the end of the week, an optional practical and written test will be given to all the students. Those interested who pass the exam will be eligible to rent sailboats from the Aquatic Center (parents must sign a release and are responsible for all equipment rented from the aquatic center).
Windsurfing is an option for students who are interested. A variety of sail sizes are available for all abilities.
Camp Fee: $425.00 per week.
Offered All 9 Weeks!
2024 Session Dates
|Section||Days||Time||Start Date||End Date|
|Sailing Camp Week #1||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 3||June 7|
|Sailing Camp Week #2||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 10||June 14|
|Sailing Camp Week #3||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 17||June 21|
|Sailing Camp Week #4||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||June 24||June 28|
|Sailing Camp Week #5||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 8||July 12|
|Sailing Camp Week #6||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 15||July 19|
|Sailing Camp Week #7||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 22||July 26|
|Sailing Camp Week #8||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||July 29||August 2|
|Sailing Camp Week #9||Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||August 5||August 9|
If you are registering for summer camp online, please download and print this . Your camper will need this for Monday morning check-in, and without it your camper will not be eligible to participate in activities. You can either mail the completed packet to the Sac State Aquatic Center, or bring it with you on the first day of camp.
- It is recommended that parents drop off their children at the Aquatic Center at 8:00 AM. (Camp instruction begins at 8:30 AM) Camp instruction ends at 3:30 PM. Pick up time is between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM.
- Pick up is NOT permitted between 3:00 PM & 3:30 PM.
- Child must provide their own lunch, water bottle, and sunscreen.
- Children are required to wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at all times! (Provided by the Aquatic Center)
- Campers receive a free T-shirt!
- Ask you instructor about our Friday Theme Days!
* Parents Night an opportunity for children to show of their new skill to their families